From the Midwest to Manhattan: incredibly true Adventures of a Farm Boy in the Big City

There are stories of young, strapping boys from Wisconsin packing their bags, uprooting themselves from their simple and sheltered farm lives, saying farewell to Gertrude the Cow and Heloise the Chicken, wishing upon a star and moving out east to New York City where their innocent dreams are soon dashed upon the cold, hard pavement of reality and they quickly descend into the sordid enterprise of male prostitution. This is not one of those stories, but it's pretty damn close.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Violent Episodes

So, I was reading Instinct magazine (that's a gay magazine, folks, if any of you weren't aware...) and noticed a section on Trendspotting (their capitalization, not mine). Anyway, in the "Over It" section was a blurb on Rachael Ray of the Food Network. Though I love her, what I love more is what it had to say about her:

"Even more annoying than Emeril Lagasse, Food Network host and telecook Ray has the kind of absurdly wide smile, high cheekbones, and overly perky personality that turns a person violent."

So, the next time you run out and murder someone, you have an excuse. From the Food Network to Court TV: the Rachael Ray Defense.

DEFENSE ATTORNEY: "So, tell me, what happened that night?"

THE ACCUSED: "Well, I was watching $40-a-Day and Rachael Ray said, "Yum-O" and I had the sudden overwhelming impulse to run out and murder someone."

JURY: "Not guilty!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home